• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery switch

cundupa

I think I'm having trouble with the battery switch on my M817. It has 4 terminals, 1 hot 3 switched. When I turn it on only the 459 wire gets power, goes to the control box. The wires, 54, to the fuel solenoid and starter switch are dead. I put a used one in and it does the same thing, both bad? If I cross the solenoid at the starter it will start and run most times. Must back feed something and wake it up.
Any ideas out there?
Thanks

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Dang, the other switch didn't work for you huh... I hate when that happens.

You can check the switches to see if they are good, with a ohm meter, to see if the contacts are opening and closing when operating the switch. It will give you some place to start your trouble shooting, to atleast see if the problems in the switches.

cundupa

Found it...couple of wires in the wrong terminal on the switch. Wiring diagrams sure help. I guess I will need to pay you for the switch after all Ridgerunner.