• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery tray question

grw800

I'm working on a customer's M1009 that needs some TLC. Both batteries are crammed onto the front tray, and have bungee cords for hold-downs. The unused rear tray was halfway bolted in place, but sideways!? I want to mount the batteries properly. When I set the rear tray in place on the inner fender, three of the legs contact the fender, but the fourth (closest to the rear of the engine) is about 1 1/2" shy of reaching the fender. Is it supposed to be this way, or has the tray been butchered?

grw800

The more I looked at it, the more obvious it was that the leg had been cut off for some reason. I made an extension from a piece of scrap and welded it onto the leg. Now it's nice and solid.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks