• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Wiring Maintenance

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally remembered to do this when it was daylight so I went out and measured everything and drew a picture.

A couple questions:

What gauge is the factory cable?
What gauge is recommended?

Cables are marked with 12O39293 WDD for the red, and 12O39267 WBQ for the black

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Clean BOTH ENDS of any battery/alternator connection and make it all like when She was new.

I did, Yeah, I did work on many needed powerplant "golf carts" with all those connections and batteries.
Finally found the CDC stuff which resolved many issues. Really good stuff, not expensive

I did my Deuce One time and after never had any electical problems, Golly, one can weld with those batteries.
I also made facilities to firmly bolt down my batteries and it was all worth it.
If you wanna have real fun just the put the Deuce main ground connection back to NEW condition.
That one is UNDER the Deuce generator, go on, have fun with your truck, and put every connection back to new condition. I used new star washers even.

IMG_7278.JPG

Attachments

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed the engine out of my M1010 for a rebuild, when I removed the starter, I noticed the high current wire connection on the starter looked odd.
After removing the B+ wire from the starter, it appeared that at one time this connection became extremely hot.

Another example that high current connections need to be kept in perfect condition, one little flaw will lead to issues like this that will eventually fail.

20230114_151941.jpg20230114_152021.jpg20230114_152056.jpg

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again it's that time of year to inspect your battery connections. It's no fun fixing them in the rain, snow and wind when it's cold and dark.

Check them on all your vehicles, not just the MV's. Check the battery connections on all of your generators, golf carts, race cars, Chick Magnets etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks