• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batterys

beastm35

Can anyone tell me if there having trouble with there battery's .I replaced the right front batt looking at the battery box twice,The only things I have on that battery is a 12 volt winch and some lights.I also have a 12 volt converter on it too,nothing is left on and the trucks battery switch is off the battery only lasts for about 2-5 months and it's always the same battery.Could it be ghost power draining it???I have checked the generator on the truck and it's charging 27-28 volts..Thanks to anyone that can help...

foxtrk2

first and foremost , did you do a load test on the other batteries? if any are down they will draw the new one down quickly. that's where id start

tobyS

first and foremost , did you do a load test on the other batteries? if any are down they will draw the new one down quickly. that's where id start
Yep....what he said!

I had some do it in a matter of a couple of weeks....take a fully charge battery down. If I replace, I go to two 8D bus batteries, 1400 cca, because replacing 4 is more expensive. I wasted a fair amount of money on golf cart batteries learning to replace them all.

Oh yea...I've had much better re-charge with the 6TL lead acid (forget the mfg. but brown) than Hawkers.

Edit...put a battery master switch in. I see a lot of places for parasitic drain from the positive to the negative/ground, places where conductors are in extremely close contact. The slave port has a spot that comes about 1/8".

Last edited:

beastm35

Yep....what he said!

I had some do it in a matter of a couple of weeks....take a fully charge battery down. If I replace, I go to two 8D bus batteries, 1400 cca, because replacing 4 is more expensive. I wasted a fair amount of money on golf cart batteries learning to replace them all.

Oh yea...I've had much better re-charge with the 6TL lead acid (forget the mfg. but brown) than Hawkers.

Edit...put a battery master switch in. I see a lot of places for parasitic drain from the positive to the negative/ground, places where conductors are in extremely close contact. The slave port has a spot that comes about 1/8".
ok I'll try that they load test good then after some time the right battery will test weak never the left one that load test good all the time.thanks

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are saying you have 12 volt loads (lights) hooked to one of the batteries, that is the cause of your problem. You need to pull only 24 volts from the battery pair for them to live long and prosper.

beastm35

If you are saying you have 12 volt loads (lights) hooked to one of the batteries, that is the cause of your problem. You need to pull only 24 volts from the battery pair for them to live long and prosper.
thanks vped all of the added lights are 12 volt so how do I hook them to two batterys that would be 24 volt right?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks vped all of the added lights are 12 volt so how do I hook them to two batterys that would be 24 volt right?
Amazon or other sources have 24-12 converters. I bought one from the brand called Pyle. They are not expensive and will save you from imbalancing your batteries.

Bulldogger

kml9705

I put in a 24v to 12 v converter then ran that to a 12v fuse panel. It really makes adding 12v accessories much easier. I did also add a master switch to the batteries as well which shuts everything down so no need to worry about drain. I mounted it right to the back of the battery box.

Radio.jpg20170626_142558.jpg20170626_170715.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks