• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bayonet WW I Mauser Germany Soemmerda Koenig Kaiser

Migginsbros

I want to ask in our forum first. Anyone looking for a bayonet ?
It´s from my passed friend "Lulle".
Before I put it on e..y I will show it in our community.
I would appreciate also any hints or adress.

I think it´s for Mauser M1871 IMG_7608.jpgIMG_7609.jpgIMG_7610.jpgIMG_7611.jpgIMG_7612.jpgIMG_7613.jpgIMG_7614.jpgIMG_7615.jpgIMG_7616.jpgIMG_7617.jpgIMG_7621.jpgIMG_7618.jpgIMG_7619.jpgIMG_7620.jpg and Mauser M1871-84 rifle
Marking means for example:
Infantry Regiment No. 8
Company 1
Rifle 108

Thats all I know/or not:shrugs:. Any idea?

Guyfang

Staff member
Chris,

Got to check up on the mail restrictions. I know there is a BIG sign in the Post Office in Graf that says, "NO KNIVES"!

I may be going to Graf in the next week. My son has to drive me, and I will lay across the back seat with my foot higher then my heart, but I have to check my mail box before they send my mail back to the States.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181026_160915155.jpgWOW! Looked familiar............................dug in the drawer.........................this was from my Pops, a WWII and Korean War Vet. Good luck with your adventure and check with Guyfang.................LOLIMG_20181026_160915155,knife.jpg

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to be a standard 98 Mauser bayonet. Probably WWII, as WWI and earlier bayonets were much longer. Of course German WWI rifles had 29 inch barrels, the carbines had 24 inch barrels. US bayonets also went from 17" down to 11" between the world wars. I've owned both a '71 and a 71/84, that bayonet would not have been found with either one. At one time, back in the late 60's, I owned about 119 different Mausers, starting with the '71.

Migginsbros

Looks to be a standard 98 Mauser bayonet. Probably WWII, as WWI and earlier bayonets were much longer. Of course German WWI rifles had 29 inch barrels, the carbines had 24 inch barrels. US bayonets also went from 17" down to 11" between the world wars. I've owned both a '71 and a 71/84, that bayonet would not have been found with either one. At one time, back in the late 60's, I owned about 119 different Mausers, starting with the '71.
Awesome, Thank you, overall lenght with sheath is 16 inch, the blade is 10 inch.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have to say definitely WWI in looking at everything on this Bayonet there is NOT one Swastika, WWII there was virtually not a single item in the German arsenal that was marked to represent THE party!
Karl

Guyfang

Staff member
Got to agree ( this is an edit here. I wrote disagree, and meant agree) here. The only bayonet produced in the Third Reich era, with a muzzle ring, were made for export, in the 1935-36 time range. This example is marked with a unit and weapon number. It has lots of other markings, and none look like WW2 production markings. The German love of the Hakenkreuz only went so far. Ceremonial, presentation, or or gift bayonets were often marked with it. But normal every day gear not so much. Cooking gear, field gear, and weapons mostly were not marked. There is still lots of this stuff floating around here in Germany. I have had lots of it in my hands and for most of it, you really have to know what you are looking for.

An interesting look see for some of you might be the Hermann Historica catalog. The 77th auction will start on the 5-7th of Nov. The on line catalog is simply unbelievable. I have a hard copy in front of me right now. All three volumes weigh about 8 pounds. Some of the things up for auction will open your eyes. The opening bids also. I got the catalog from someone I know who collects autographed cards of Ritterkreuz, Knights Cross recepents. This stuff is a bit rich for my blood.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Guns knives catapults bayonets, (all the same to me)..Weapons. Sell them to a (Descreet propitiatory) collector.
Just that..(Is there not enough 'trouble right now!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks