• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BBC into CUCV, it is faster now!

puppy

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG! You converted to 12 Volts!:razz: No more online tech support for you. :razz: I hope you still have the correct ignition key.:razz: How fast is it, one guy here said something crazy about a stock cucv hitting 80mph.:cookoo: Better hang some flowmasters under that thing. :grin:

puppy

I did it, I cut the harness down to the bare minimun, converted to 12 volt, and pulled the 6.2L out. I have no regrets. Trust me, it is alot more fun now.

It will do 80 right now. After the lift and tires go on it will run faster than that if necessary.

Got single chambers put on it Saturday. It is definetly a sleeper!

Oh, custom rear bumper is finished too!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work! I swapped a 500 ci Cadillac Big Block into my 1009. It would light the tires up in the first 2 gears and chirp third. What a hoss. As my Dad always says, it would pass everything but a gas station!! :) I pulled the 500 after the oil pan died and cooked the mains. The 6.2L went back in and I sold it. I still have the 500 waiting for another project vehicle to come along :twisted:

maritimer

wth? you guys cant get 80mph out of your cucv's?
geez i feel special now lol, i canbury the needle into the odometer on my m1009 as often as i want/need to lol, and yes its still 24v 6.2l diesel no turbo lol.
why would you put a gasser into a cucv man thats just blasphemous lol

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
wth? you guys cant get 80mph out of your cucv's?
geez i feel special now lol, i canbury the needle into the odometer on my m1009 as often as i want/need to lol, and yes its still 24v 6.2l diesel no turbo lol.
why would you put a gasser into a cucv man thats just blasphemous lol
LOL! Glad I got your dander up. Yes, my 1009 would do 80+ with the stock diesel. I had my 1009 for 8 years before I did the swap. I am a gear head and I was bored. :grin: That's why I swapped it in. If you think that is blasphemous, then you would have really liked the lift kit, the 35" Swamper tires, the fender cutting to clearance for the tires, the soft top and the stereo :razz: I have no regrets. It was my daily driver for 10 years and it served me well.

HeadWizard

Now this has me thinking..... there's a perfectly rebuildable, 4 bolt main, steel crank SBC sitting on the shelf in the back of the shop..... hmmmm. I'll bet I can get that to make the ten O nine do over 80mph :twisted:

jw4x4

If my 6.2 ever gives up the ghost, I will replace it with my big block chevy, along with a dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. But until then, the road-oiler is safe.

maritimer

LOL! Glad I got your dander up. Yes, my 1009 would do 80+ with the stock diesel. I had my 1009 for 8 years before I did the swap. I am a gear head and I was bored. :grin: That's why I swapped it in. If you think that is blasphemous, then you would have really liked the lift kit, the 35" Swamper tires, the fender cutting to clearance for the tires, the soft top and the stereo :razz: I have no regrets. It was my daily driver for 10 years and it served me well.
lol i was joking around lol, whatever turns your crank wether its gas diesel or white rum lol.
eventully when i blow this one up i will figure out how to fit a CAT engine and trans out of a GMC topkick under the hood lol

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
lol i was joking around lol,
I know :) I am much more of a diesel geek now than a gasser guy. That's one of the reasons I sold my 404 Unimog. Well, that and I wanted to buy the 923A2!

I had a tuned up 1995 Dodge 2500 4x4 with a smokin Cummins in it before my current 7.3L Powerstroke Excursion. I'm trying to convince my wife that she needs a TDI Touareg :twisted:

Sorry to get your thread off track, Puppy!

powerhouseduece

That thing souds good! Chris, I hope you got some $ for that TDI Tourage! When I worked at the VW dealer I was told that they were trying to buy them back! They are pretty sweet! I beat a 5.0 mustang with the A/C on and the radio crankin! They got a chip for them over it europe where they will put out 900Ft. Lbs of torque!

I would love to find a M1008 and swap a bbc into. Or mabe a 455 pontiac. Humm.

puppy

I posted some updated pics this morning.

Here are the updates:
Holley carb is rebuilt and back on the engine. Much better!
Front winch bumper finished and installed.
Rear bumper finished and installed.
Put some used 265 BFG's on the stock wheels.

Westech

CPL
my Garmin said I hit 89.5 MPH in my 09 the other week. The needle was past 85 so I know I was moving. It felt like it had a little more to go yet.

the next CUCV will be a 08 and a 12" lift is on order.... hint hint

JohnnyReb

Not to hijack the thread but here is a guy that went the other way (sounds kinda strange....:roll:anyway), it is not military but might be interesting for bored gearheads....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0o1o5W_f6o[/media] (video starts out slow but make sure and watch the whole thing).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks