• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bbd carb choke lever

pah556

Anyone have or know who has this lever?

V8-318-bbd-choke-lever.jpg

And, no, summit-autozone-o´reillyautoparts-advanc.
I have already checked them, as I have fleabay.

I´m in Sweden, so it´s a bit funky to just go to a junkyard in Phoenix to pick up one. :(

Last edited:

pah556

Yeah, wich one, since I already have tried half of ebay and amazon.
I don´t think the other half of them don´t have them either.

I wouldn´t have posted this if I had found it on one of them.
Checked:
Advance
Napa
Rockauto
oreilly
Summit
Ecklers
Carburetor parts com
None of them have it, only the choke shaft with the little C shaped lever that sits on the other side.
I need the lever that sits on the other other side, so to say. :)

steelandcanvas

I was referring to an online carb specialty shop, not the chain auto parts stores. No joy with Carburetor Parts.com huh? I think it's a Carter, Model BBD 6537S

Last edited:

pah556

Well, you hit the jackpot there, it is a carter bbd 6537s.
I have tried carb parts com, but they didn´t have it (well, not online anyway).
I could email them to ask if they might be able to get it though.

pah556

pah556

Wow, that would be great, the shaft has a screw hole in it, the screw is still there but no clip/link/connector or whatever it´s called...
I think it´s welded on in the picture.
I´ll put on another pic, it´s for a 318, no AC or anything if that matters.
I have the choke pull of and the thermostat thingy that bolts with one bolt into the well in the manifold.

bbd carb.jpg

It´s in the third pic with the choke pull of connected to it.

CAPSARME

it may be a day or two, as they are up in the attic in my parents garage. I have a ton of stuff left from when i had an M880... But since i was trying to sell off a lot of M211 parts i bought, this site admin called me a dealer and banned me from posting in the classifieds...

pah556

No sweat, I´m in no hurry.
It´s not a DD.
At least you could find this clip or link (does it even have a name?), I would be very happy, because they are impossible to find on the net, unless you buy a whole carb.

If you find it, I have a verified Paypal account if that would do it for cost plus shipping.

I do live in Sweden, Europe, but you might have found out that.

Last edited:

pah556

If the two on the right sat on a 318, then it might be them.
Is the clip screwed to the choke axle?
A bit hard to see in the second picture (first 2 on the left).
I would also need the tiny rod that connects the vacuum pull of with the clip.
This one:
http://quadrajetparts.com/carter-ca....html?osCsid=8ec04e361052070e9a907098ebd17003
This is the clip I need, it´s the best picture I could find on the net (jeepforum), it´s on a jeep six cylinder, but should almost look the same on a 318, maybe the outer eyelet is a little lower on a 318, but you see the screw where it is attached with.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attachments/f8/125858d1276967869-where-do-these-wires-go-photo.jpg

CAPSARME

Those are all from military surplus. The new ones are setup for m880's, and the used ones came off my dads 77, and my '76.

The choke arms are not held on with a screw...

Cover shipping and I'll send you any one of those carbs.... FREE!

Pm me to work out details.

ShimShon

Hello Pah556,

Did you already get hold of the item you need? If not, you could try Sösdala Skroten as well. (http://www.sosdalaskroten.se/)
Probably you know this scrapyard as it is located in Sösdala, Sweden and it's an American car/pickup scrapyard, but if you never went there before, you could try your luck there. Hurry though, since they close the scrapyard on the 6th of July 2013.

I would like to go there myself, but I live in the Netherlands, so that would be a bit crazy traveling back and forth almost 1500 miles for (maybe) finding some Dodge M880 parts. :mrgreen:

pah556

I know of the place, and no, I don´t have the parts yet, or ordered.
I still have to contact CAPSARME about that for shipping.
What do you need from them in Sösdala?

ShimShon

I would be looking for stuff that's hard to find overhere in the Netherlands and/or is very cheap now in Sösdala as they are closing the scrapeyard. But that said, the expenses of getting there in the first place (not only fuel expenses but also the toll bridges in Denmark) is spoiling the fun.

But I would probably be searching for items like:
- a Lund Moonvisor (with the lights) that fits a '77 Dodge M882 (I think it's the one with item number 19042, but I'm not sure though)
- Cadillac Eldorado '76-'78 rear callipers and lines (to swap the Dana 60 drum brakes for disc brakes and keeping the parking brake)
- sliding rear window (that fits a '77 Dodge M882)
- both right and left doors in good condition for a '77 Dodge M882
- left and right fender, lower part of grill, also without rust and in good condition
- other stuff that's always good to have extra like an alternator, starter, etc
- maybe even a mopar 440 big block (and a 727 for a BB, rear sump oilpan and other stuff needed for a conversion)
- and even more :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks