• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Be Jealous!

Croatan_Kid

Hahaha, well....that's not entirely necessary, but look!!!!!! :twisted:

I'll get the trans and t-case bolted up some time soon and then I can measure for a rear driveshaft and get it rolling!

Croatan_Kid

Bombed? :?:

Not sure if any of yall have heard, but it's a '93 model Cummins 6BT with a WH1C turbo from a '94 truck, a Denny T stage 2 fuel pin, a 3200 RPM governor spring, and a low pressure, piston-style lift pump. All I have to do after I get it running is get a set of injectors built for it :twisted:

I'm looking for about 300 hp and....probably somewhere between 600 and 700 tq. :roll:

neb4x4

6BT.....!!!! VERY NICE!!!! Any hard feelings about getting rid of the 6.2L..... I BET NOT!!!! Cool swap, I've seen a few 12V's in some 90's Chevy dualleys. The best one ever though was a 24V in a S-10 2 wheel drive!!!!

Your rig is going to be SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-D:-D:-D

CUCVHMMWV

Well I'm jealous, you punk!

I read all 36 pages of your build! Took hours and hours "at work" but it was an educational experience! :idea: I am just starting to research ideas on building my CUCV so I appreciate you posting the link to your build up thread. Good luck and keep it up!

Croatan_Kid

:drool: Wow....I'm definitely tired! I just came inside from working out in the shop all afternoon. I started around 4 and...well...it's 2:30! However, I got the clutch bolted back on, transmission in, transfer case in, shifter bracket on, filled the motor with oil and changed the filter, filled the transmission, filled the transfer case, measured for a rear driveshaft, bolted up the front driveshaft (which, surprisingly, still works!), and discovered that I need a straight transfer case shifter instead of a two-bend stock style.

I'll post some pictures on the build thread in the morning before I go to work.

allrevup

KUDOS! I, have read some of your built posts over the last year. Good to read in its entirity, that your project is nearing complition.

Last edited:

jag7720

So, my questions are...

Can you replicate the engine and tranny mounts so other can do this?
If so would the mounts be the same for an automatic?

And if all that is do-able... how close would that be to making this a swamp that others would tackle?

I put a 300Z V-6 in a 1971 Datsun 510 with a kit from VG30.com
Experimental Engineering - www.VG30.com - Datsun 510 VG30 Parts & Services

If there is enough interest, motor mounts, tranny mounts, oil pan (if needed) etc could be fabricated so others could accomplish the same swap.

I, for one, would be very interested.

Or... would it be easier and cheaper to "BUILD" up a 6.2 that could take more turbo boost?