• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bead breaking tool

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Junkyard wars crusher likes his! I am in the process of rebuilding 2 hydraulic powered breakers. They work mo better imho.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Esco makes tire changes possible but far from easy. Most times you will have to crank it down in 4 or more places on each side. My longest 1/2 drive ratchet was all but worthless. You need the leverage of a 3/4" drive. Many times I've contemplated the impact but the directions clearly state not to use one. Gimps hydraulics would be easier but until I have one, my Esco is staying with me.

rorybellows

oh the memories

i thought i dropped a nut one time trying to upright a 5 ton tire/wheel combo over in the sand box. ****, the tires themselves weigh what 250 apop

Happyland1410

I'm pretty sure this will be easier than the several hours I spent breaking down my first deuce tire with a "swan neck bead breaker" and a sledge hammer. Of course it was the spare on my deuce that had a great tire on it but had obviously been mounted horizontally for many years and was horribly rusted to the rim.

At least it wasn't as heavy as the 14.5r20 on our Fire Department's M35A3. Those are not very fun to break down either.

Back 20+ years ago I changed a lot of 22.5 tubeless semi truck tires and they were a piece of cake compared to both types of MV tires I have now had the pleasure of dealing with. The extra 20+ years on my body probably doesn't help either. :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks