• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beadlock blocks valve stem?

Micmada

I put a bead lock from a Sandtrail tire to a Goodyear 395 M/VT with combat rims and at one point while inflating the tire I got no tire pressure reading from a separate gauge. Air was going in but could not get out.

It seems like the thick rubber bead of that Sandtrail beadlock is now pushing on the valve stem inside and locking air in.

I am hoping I have not over inflated it either too much above the 90psi, my air pump is kind of weak. I have no idea what to do now.

Micmada

So I ordered a Quick Stem. Maybe I can remove the whole stem, poke a hole in the beadlock and shove in that quickstem. Anyone use one before?

Micmada

It seems air will go in and out but at a very slow rate. So I will leave it be for now and put them in the middle axle with a lower pressure.

HDN

What do the inserts look like? The ones I reused on my M35A3's wheels had about a single 1.5" wide groove on the inside surface with a hole with a brass sleeve in the groove roughly aligned with the turret valve on the rim:

Micmada

What do the inserts look like? The ones I reused on my M35A3's wheels had about a single 1.5" wide groove on the inside surface with a hole with a brass sleeve in the groove roughly aligned with the turret valve on the rim:

Well, cheat. Interesting. I do not remember seeing such a grove even though I was looking for one the second time around , but I will check it out on the other ones.

Reactions: HDN

Micmada

other issue I have is I was doing a seventh spare tire and I stripped a stud for the ring. I never removed a stud, let alone one stuck with a broken bolt that will not unscrew back. I broke so many tools on this project. I even smashed my face on the spring axle when a breaker bar broke. What a deal, bleeding eyebrow and black eye. Truck looks and runs good, though.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks