• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beadlocks with 37" MTR's

86M10086.2L

I've got a nice set 12 bolt beadlocks and Goodyear MTS radilas set up but before I pull the trigger I wanted to find out what I should expect to get them to fit. I know at the very least I need two inch wheel spacers to get the back spacing right. And I've seen the trucks from Alpha Heaven with the 36" bias plys with nothing done to them and no real complaints of rubbing issues. If I were just looking to do highway driving with a couple dirt road passages what do I need to do to get the hummer 37's to fit? Can I get away with 2 inch zero rates front and back? Eventually I will install a 4-6 inch lift but for now I'm looking for some lower highway rpm/higher highway mph. I just did a 600 mile round trip with the truck to go snowmobiling in upstate NY. The truck did fine but I dont want to scream the truck like that on those long trips doing 55 if I don't have to. And being able to do 60 mph would certainly make my day. I know I've seen guys get bigger tires on with little or no lift and fender trimming. But keep in mind NO FENDER TRIMMING! most of the wheelin trucksby me are gone for now so I'm looking for some practicality out of the truck till summer. Than when the lift goes in all is right with the world again. Some of you may think I'm a wennie for not cuting/trimming the fenders but I go by the philosophy of something is only original once. and when I whack one of the fenders against tree or booger them up some otherway then I'll trim.

M1075

RE: Beadlocks with 37" MTR

I think you are going to need some trimming unless you get that lift on soon. I put 37s on a stock M1008 and it took some trimming and then some. There does seem to be some variance, due to the condition of the springs. Only 1 way to know for sure. Bolt them up and try it out!

AJMBLAZER

RE: Beadlocks with 37" MTR

No rearching! Rearching iz da debil! Old, outdated, pathetically BAAAAAAAD tech!

I put 1" zero rates in the front from www.OffRoadDesign.com. Even with my 38's I don't need any in the back and could have fit them with less trimming...but the grinder talked me into it.
Wouldn't go higher than 1" with a zero rate. There's a reason ORD has never made them any taller than 1".

With the HMMWV rims you will probably have to trim. Alfa does even when using the OEM GM 16.5" wheels. Honestly though you're only really trimming the lip of the front fenders where they do nothing but trap dirt and crap. Don't forget the d-side drag link as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks