• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beat to heck GovPlanet Humvee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TucsonVTXF

mine is rougher than the inspection report states.... I did win it on a min bid... guess it will be a beater!

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm interested in the discussion, because I've finally jumped in and put a bid down on a "pile". That's all I'm going to say about it. It's rough and missing a lot of things. But I don't want a nice example for something I can't drive on the street. If I win it, I'll get it functional and just play with it on the land here or trailer it to the off road park nearby. I'm going to be conservative in my bidding. AKA parts/scrap value. Worked for me on my 931.

greenjeepster

We saw a pretty good bump in prices this week, I suspect due to the SF-97 thing. Averages are up about 5K on runners from the week prior.

The conspiracy theorist in side me tells me they withheld SF-97 intentionally until prices slid and then released them to give things a boost....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We saw a pretty good bump in prices this week, I suspect due to the SF-97 thing. Averages are up about 5K on runners from the week prior.

The conspiracy theorist in side me tells me they withheld SF-97 intentionally until prices slid and then released them to give things a boost....
I think it is because the GP legal dept was reminded it is illegal to sell a vehicle without a title in most states.

tage

It was a very well played marketing ploy. Notice the sheer number of auctions coming up are nothing near of the past. Supply, and demand. They've already made 1 mil + on that 10% buyers fee. Sooooo they have room to play.

***** removed *****

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackmagic94

They auctioned off 200 plus the other day, that is the single highest amount for an auction, so how are numbers of sales down?

Like I said a long long time ago, the first rounds were the nicest units, now is the ****. I laugh at the stories of cracked cross members and other issues when I have some in my fleet that are practically brand new from the first rounds. Did I pay more yes, but good luck with your "restorations" lol

greenjeepster

The first groups were definitely the nicest.... there is no arguing that. I would have gone with the first few if my budget would allow.

This weeks sale had just over 275 trucks in it, but that corresponds to the SF-97 issue, and we still saw a bump in price by 5 grand on average. The several weeks prior they only sold in the 40s-50s. The higher number this past week was intentional, note that next week is only 25 trucks.

tage

Like I said a long long time ago, the first rounds were the nicest units, now is the ****. I laugh at the stories of cracked cross members and other issues when I have some in my fleet that are practically brand new from the first rounds. Did I pay more yes, but good luck with your "restorations" lol
Most of use aren't reselling, and actually know how to work on trucks without trivial help to source parts, and stupid questions asking for help that a Google search can't reveal the same answer...

LOL how's that for laughing at someone. Loser

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks