• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beat up tailgate I thought was junk

Ridgerunner

I had a Deuce tailgate that was pretty banged up. So much so, that shuting it was impossable. It was destined for the scrap pile. I had nothing to lose, so I tried to give it one more shot at life.

I cut out the bad section with a cut-off wheel, heated up the piece, and reformed it. Clamped the tailgate flat to the table and welded the piece back in its original place and ground down the weld. When I was done, it sat nice and flat on the work table, after the clamps were released. When it was put back on the cargo box, it shut just like it was ment to. One piece of US steel, that China will have to wait some other day for.

Attachments

ODdave

Nice job saving it:beer:
Mine looked like that (if not a lil worse) after I backed into a combineaua
I used a 8ft 4x4 and a porta-power with the gate latched to bring it back. After a lil hammer & dolly work its as good as new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks