• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beautiful 1941 WC-40

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to my Brother's employee open house today and drove my 813. I didn't know it but they had a car show there and although I didn't enter something caught my eye as we walked around.

13 years and 3,000 hours later...the most beautiful truck restoration I have ever seen. Frame was perfect and powder coated. He has another one that he is going to do in OD. Only thing is this one is not green.......

20130817_125329.jpg20130817_125302.jpg20130817_125453.jpg

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not really restoration, more like modernizing.

But it still looks great and the fact he didn't mess with the original too bad means it could always be put back in another 50 years.

jw4x4

That pintle will never touch anything but a shin. Did Marty Huecker pick the colors of that truck? Oh wait, I guess not. The bumpers are not plumb purple.

FrankUSMC

Husker
Not really, it is being saved.
I have been collecting military vehicles for almost 30 years. A lot of the vehicles we have today were only saved by some one taking them and using them. Now, I am speaking mainly WWII vehicles here, so bear with me. This guy has taken a Dodge WC40 half ton 4x4, and made it on to a beautiful truck that he will take care of and use. In years down the road, you might talk him out of it, you have a solid great truck to restore back to 1942, the truck has been saved for history. I have seen a lot of nice trucks and jeeps go to the crusher because no one had a use for them.
I see you are in Nebraska, my very complete 1941 (pre war) halftrack came out of Nebraska. A rancher bought it right after the war ended, and used every day for over 40 years, if he had not done that, can you say "scrap metal".
I will send you a PM tonight to help you find a WC Dodge, and thanks for wanting to save our history.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks