• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bed liner or chip guard on cab floor?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure I'm going to put either one on the cab floor. I like the idea of chip guard because I can paint over it. I saw the recent thread using bed liner but I don't it comes in desert tan. :lol:

Who's done what?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have used the roll on Herculiner from pepboys. I did the entire fiberglass body of a lifted golf cart, it came out awesome. I will try and digup some pictures. The stuff is very durable especially after several coats. I think its about $70/gallon with a mail in rebate. It can be ordered in different colors.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good. Do you know if you can paint over it? Probably not. I'll look into the colors available.

Jones

Herculiner and Rhinoliner are both polyurethanes so they should be paintable. "Factory color" choices are black, grey, red and white. Not sure about Linex. Did a search on Rattleguard www.rattleguard.com and it seems to be a pretty good choice too. Lots of color choices and it says it's a polyurethane/epoxy blend.
Hope this helps.

N1265

I have done the floors to get a non-skid surface in a couple of fiberglass boats with Dupli-color bed liner.

It is about $50. a gallon, but only comes in black.

I simply roll it on with a med. roller and then paint it whatever color I want with IMRON. works pretty well.

Crazy_Matt

Have it sprayed in Speedliner It can be color matched better then rhino and doesnt fade.

Line X can be colored but most places wont do it.

theres a few other places that do color stuff but not everything lasts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks