• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed mounted, manual winch, crane.

austinaubinoe

Hey does anyone have this crane mounted in there m35 bed?

Vestil WTJ-2 Winch Operated Truck Jib Crane, Welded Steel, 1000 lbs Capacity, 56" Overall Height, Yellow: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I need a crane to raise and lower shop equipment into the bed for transport. Were moving our entire garage, heaviest thing is probably out Jet table saw that weighs about 550lbs. Also have a spare transfer case back there that the PO put in with a fork lift... which we do not have HAHA.

Do you think the hand crank lock going both directions? Anyways need a good bed crane for around $500.

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/grq/3025821121.html

FOund this for sale. Dont really feel like spending that much on an old used crane. Unless you guys think its worth it. Wanted a manual one just because its one less thing to break!

Last edited:

Awesome Possum

That's a decent looking crane, should do the trick, with some caveats. The winch is really not much good for pulling heavy things up; rather use the hydraulics for that. I used a HF crane in bobbing my deuce, and when I picked up anything heavy I brought it up as far as it'd go, blocked up the item to take the weight off, released the jack part and just use the winch to take up the slack.
Also make sure you add a bigger plate for support either between the crane and the bed, and/or under it as well. Brace it against the side of the bed, too, if you can.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks