• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Reflectors

hambo

Hey SS,
I just bought my first deuce and a half and I realized that it doesn't have all the reflectors on the bed. I received 6 new amber reflectors and mounting rings in a box with the truck but I dont know if I need to buy red ones or how many. And how are the reflector rings normally mounted to the bed, with bolts or self taping screws?
Thanks

197thhhc

Most deuces have 4 yellows and 4 reds on the bed. The yellows on the front corners and the reds on the rear. I have new reflectors for sale if you want reds to match. Just PM me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
2 amber on the front, 2 amber on the front sides, 2 red on the rear sides and 2 red on tailgate held on with nuts and bolts.reflectors.jpg
Which one of the united states are you living in, part of membership.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What state are you in?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our rules require your state to be listed in your personal info.

eagle4g63

The reflectors are held on with 1/4-20 bolts...well actually philips head bolts...you can get them at Menards/Home Depot. If you are ever out by me give me a heads up and I can meet up with you....I have a bunch of the nuts and bolts to use for them.

hambo

Awesome. Thanks eagle. Ill probably just pick the bolts up at a store. Not headed out by you anytime soon. But thanks for the offer.

Carlo

The last M 923A2 I bought had faded and I mean really faded reflectors on all the corners of the bed. I wish these trucks could talk sometimes to tell what they have been through to explain things we find.
MWMULES said the right combination for your question.

zout

You can also give yourself more visual appearance at night as well with the DOT reflective white/red tape from 3M - I have LED lights in their proper locations as to Red and Amber but also added the sectional tape down the lower edge of the box as well. The section layout is White/Red/White and if you get a tad bit of light on this stuff it reflects big time. May not have come on the unit but it sure adds to its visability at night.

hambo

What about getting reflective red and amber tap and put squares of it where the reflectors would go? I assume that would work too?

ATPTac

You can also give yourself more visual appearance at night as well with the DOT reflective white/red tape from 3M - I have LED lights in their proper locations as to Red and Amber but also added the sectional tape down the lower edge of the box as well. The section layout is White/Red/White and if you get a tad bit of light on this stuff it reflects big time. May not have come on the unit but it sure adds to its visability at night.
If I'm reading this correctly, you replaced your reflectors with LED marker lights? I was thinking of doing the same thing, do you have pictures of it?

zout

On the 109 box I used the 2 inch rubber grommets - wired in LED lights - down the sides of the box I have the reflective DOT tape both sides and on the rear - rear of box in each upper corner an L of just white reflective tape. These LED lights are the Trucklite Omni voltage Model 30 version.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks