• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed side... or no bed side??

jake1086

I like how the bed sides are the exact same height as the door, so it matches that body line, but for some reason I am torn between the two haha. My sister votes no bed sides, my co worker says bed sides ..... I may just have to switch out every week haha also thinking about doing step down sides. Like.. full height for a third, then half height for a third, and then no bed side for a third.... I think that would look kinda slick.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just run a side on the left? Leaving the right off gives you a little better visibility looking over the shoulder. Tell your sister to view the right side and coworker to view the left. Everybody happy and improved rearward visibility. Genius I say.

welldigger

I always liked bobbers with sides, bows, and cover on the 105 bed. Either that or nothing at all. Polar opposites I know.

jake1086

I ran it around this weekend at a local mud event, with no bed sides, had fun :) ... other than while I was running over a chevy 1500 I screwed up my steering somehow...if I turn right when I come back to center, the wheel... I dunno hits a tight spot???/ and wont turn any further

so at risk of derailing my own thread any ideas??

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The steering boxes are kind of the weak point in the system so I suspect you may have a problem there. I'd get it fixed ASAP as a failure isn't something you'd want while going down the hwy.

jake1086

The steering boxes are kind of the weak point in the system so I suspect you may have a problem there. I'd get it fixed ASAP as a failure isn't something you'd want while going down the hwy.
I hear ya! I think I might just save up for a new box, and a hydro assist system, ... that would also be a good time to do my long awaited four wheel steering job too, I just cant bring myself QUITE yet to pay for a pimped out rear end with air locker and hydro steering and lockout tabs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks