• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Side Panel Storage M1078 A1

TGeorge

My 2006 1078 A1 has 5 swing down panels around the bed, and two underbed racks to apparently store these panels. I can only get one panel to fit in each rack. Am I missing something? 2//5 panels seems a bit wacky.

Third From Texas

I stowed mine once when I had my first truck. Two per stowage compartment, iirc. Don't remember what you are supposed to do with the tailgate.

The stakes and crossmember poles will stow as well. The vertical assemblies remain upright and stow in the forward most slots at the from of the bed.

Untitled.png

TGeorge

Thanks, but on my truck only the center slot in each of the two racks will accept a panel. The space above the center channels is too narrow for the hinges, and the space below the center channel has bolts protruding from below for the mud flap mounts etc. Seems like one panel per rack is max. I'll take another look.

Third From Texas

Thanks, but on my truck only the center slot in each of the two racks will accept a panel. The space above the center channels is too narrow for the hinges, and the space below the center channel has bolts protruding from below for the mud flap mounts etc. Seems like one panel per rack is max. I'll take another look.
Odd.

Be sure to slide them in as shown in the diagram (hinge up). I somehow got four to fit (honestly don't recall if the tailgate slipped in there as well).

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They fit, it takes a bit to figure it out. I stow mine for the winter usually. You do have to pay attention to the hinges and bumpers. You would think it would have been designed a bit better. Seems it wouldn’t have taken much to make it perfect.

Once you do figure it out, mark the ends for the next time.

TGeorge

They fit, it takes a bit to figure it out. I stow mine for the winter usually. You do have to pay attention to the hinges and bumpers. You would think it would have been designed a bit better. Seems it wouldn’t have taken much to make it perfect.

Once you do figure it out, mark the ends for the next time.
Thanks, if it is indeed possible I'll keep trying. I have a metal stamp set and when I solve the puzzle I'll stamp the ends with numbers and the trays slots with the same. Hopefully they won't cart me off to the nut hatch mumbling about side panels and tray slots. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks