• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed side panel storage question M1078A1

TGeorge

My M1078A1 has 5 removable, swing down panels around the bed. It also has two sets of racks under the bed to apparently store these panels. I must be missing something because I can only fit a single panel in each rack. 2/5 panels seems kinda wacky. Suggestions?

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1078A1 has 5 removable, swing down panels around the bed. It also has two sets of racks under the bed to apparently store these panels. I must be missing something because I can only fit a single panel in each rack. 2/5 panels seems kinda wacky. Suggestions?
Yeah I've had a hard time getting a panel in anything but the middle slot. I might try again today and see if I can get a panel in each slot. But I don't think the panel storage was either designed very well or had very good quality control or both. Ideally the center c-channel would be thinner on one side and you would alternate the hinges left and right. Hinged ends above and below the thinner c-channel and a non-hinged end in the thinner c-channel.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I've had a hard time getting a panel in anything but the middle slot. I might try again today and see if I can get a panel in each slot. But I don't think the panel storage was either designed very well or had very good quality control or both. Ideally the center c-channel would be thinner on one side and you would alternate the hinges left and right. Hinged ends above and below the thinner c-channel and a non-hinged end in the thinner c-channel.
IMG_20230503_084919.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks