• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

beefing up the hard top

harry

I should have taken some before pics was caved in about 3" water pooled on top. took out all inside (supports most were cut for man hole ),
grined off what was left , fliped over and worked out, fiberglassed a sheet of cabnet 3/4 ply wood should be able to stand on top with out caving in .and bedliner on top
also fixed the ring
Harry

Attachments

harry

used Hurkuliner think it spelled something like that .Its what fleetfarm had .used 1/2 qt
used 4" roller , did mostly for non slipping and helps hide uneaven sheet metal

Biggles

So you cut out a piece of 3/4 inch plywood and fiberglassed it down to the top after you straightened the top out? then truck bed linered the whole mess?

harry

plywood went inside helped strenghten roof and gave me something to screw manhole ring too, got rid of bolts and used #14 stainless panhead screws added extras betwen were bolts were , painted top then bedliner . installed digital cammo headliner I post pic on truck after next week

hemichallenger

That is a great idea. I am insulating my cab and was trying to come up with something to straighting the roof. You can jump on 3/4 wood that has been glassed. Good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks