• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beeker gets a Deuce! Now I need some new advice.

Galdron

I have really enjoyed learning about this ole truck once again. As an old SeaBee this truck will really bring back memories. My brother and I were in the same unit in the Bees. I was a Construction Electrician and Mark was an Equipment Operator. He would have loved this truck. I will put his dog tag on the key chain so we can ride together once again.

I will be picking up this truck from South Carolina. I will bring my Suburban as a follow or lead vehicle in the hopes I can drive this truck home from South Carolina.
What I need is a list of items I need to bring. I have the tools and taking into account the "Starts and Runs" and talking to the yard boss its in good condition.

Still shopping insurance, looks at this point to be Commercial Insurance with low use.

I am still considering the following:
2 new batteries
Rebuild kit for brake line connects.
Oil, Brake fluid ...
Full inspection..
Tire Chalks for a Deuce.

Any advice on kits to bring.
Some where I saw a fuel filter, air filter, kit for sale.

I would be grateful for advice.

Thanks,
Paul

PS. I will send pics of the trip!

Heavysteven

buckets
wrench all standard
flash light
filters
diesel additive
1 1/2" socket to change tire
jack
Coolant
Phone
gear oil

Wife says "everything"

There is a recovery list on the site somewhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks