• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Been on here a few years thought I'd finally introduce myself

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpg
Made some progress today installed a bench seat from a 1008 added a seat cover made a big difference

also sorted out the issues with the LED headlights . Keep up on your grounding boys, it's a big deal.
only took 3 hours to do everything.

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpg
A shot of the upgraded headlights on the high beam setting and another with the 9" arb lights and headlights . It's nice to be able to see at night now...

zone zero

What brand LED headlights did you get? I'm looking at the Truck-Lite ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There these https://www.octanelighting.com/p-68...lear-sealed-beam-headlamp-headlight-pair.aspx

they are not the best quality the lenses are plastic the housing is cast aluminum, you have to change around the plug end to get it to work it's not a big deal once you figure out what wire is the ground.
I will say after a week or 2 of use they are great at night I don't blind on coming traffic and they food the sides of the road pretty good.
Truck lights are way better but for the price if they last I'd say these are gtg.

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpg
Made some progress on the sleeping platform,and sorting out the storage options. It's slow everything is just test fitted I'll be adding draws for the underside , for the sides I'll be adding full length panels with hinges for storage in the dead space along the lower edge of the hard top(there's about 5 inches on each side). I'm also going to use the old radio power for USB hook ups and for interior lighting.
Once it's all figured out and fitted I'll take it all out, fix and weld the floor and bedline everything.
Materials used
2x4 2x2 3/8 plywood stainless screws and gray indoor out door carpet.
Overall it's 6foot 1 inch from the back of the bench seat to the gate and 5.5 wide

zone zero

I'm using 3m spray adhesive rolling the edges and heavy duty staples on the underside. The front section by the seat will get cut out and I'm hopeful that I can find plastic bins to fit in then build the covers into the carpeted deck. I have a queen size 8 inch inch thick mattress that I will cut to fit the shape I need and that will go in when we go camping.
things I need to make this all work the way I want.
A rear tire carrier
roof rack for a basket and solar panel that will charge a 3D battery for the accessories.

Im in no rush so just plugging away on this build little by little.

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg A little more done this weekend, test fitted the side panels I'm not sure there going to work out the way I envisioned them I realized that with the mattress in place the storage becomes almost unless. I also found a good complete carpet kit and side windows out of a 1978 k5 for 25 bucks window were a breeze to install. I even left the crappy purple tint in place.

Other pic is a defender 110 with a side hatch. I'll be doing this on the drivers side of the truck I've used this type of thing before and it's really helpful, I'll be making this out of 16 gage steal and probably tinted lexan.

One of of the biggest problems I'm having with the truck, that some of you might be able to help with. It leaks like a stuck pig in the rain. I siliconed the top from the outside and inside it poors water from the tailgate and around the rear window I replaced the rear gasket around the hard top for the tailgate glass. But the truck still fills with water...

zone zero

Looking into the axle swap game , my cousin parted out a truck an 84 Chevy dully it's an X military truck with a Dana 60 front and a 70 rear 4.56 gears lockers.
from what I understand I can use them but I'll need to run hummer rims with the zero offset to make the dully rear work on the truck. But the front should be a bolt in. Can anyone point me in the right direction to do this swap I can weld and do fab work I'm planing on running a 37 inch tire

I'd like to know if any companies make parts to help with this swap

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks