• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Been stuck like this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's my view on that.
M816= Available easily, good running, pricey
543A2= Pretty much available, runs decent but low on power (no highway speed towing), much lower cost.
M62= Nice boom design, getting rarer in running condition, gasser works great but consumes lots, some out there converted to multifuels and Macks.
M108 deuce crane= Handy, small and rare. Never produced in multifuels, very few repowered, getting costly for a decent one, most are pretty rough. Cheaper parts (except boom parts) than 5 tons. Not good on gas
M60 deuce wrecker= rare as hens teeth, if you find one, I wanna touch it just to say I have!

dc3coyote

Thanks Recovery,
I will be selling my Ranger in the next few weeks, that should give me some play money.
I would not mind building a mutant like Bjorns truck. I really like that one.
Guess I am hijacking this thread should start a new one.
Thanks

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely correct. Side business. They have parts as well as whole vehicles. Oh, for clarification, it's Ken Delrio...... :p

tatra813

Most guys arent lucky enough to have buddys with huge trucks to pull them out, at least big enough to pull out military vehicles.
That is why I had to buy a second Tatra, so if I get stuck I had a rescue vehicle (thats what I told my wife anyway).

It seems like if you really want to do harcore offroading with a big military vehicle you better have a front AND rear winch or you will get in trouble.

Anyway nice pics!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ken:
Nice stuck photos, I have a tendency to go for it a few times more than I should so I look for winches on all my trucks. This one in the Jesey Pines was with a great group of Steel Soldiers from the East Coast and Nick pulled me out easily with his duece.

Attachments

dc3coyote

David....The chiwawa barks loudest when his German Shepard buddy is standing next to him, same goes with our trucks.
Ill try anything in my Pinz knowing my duece w/w is waiting

chevycrew

I think he meant the first pic of the blazer, at first glance it looks like and 80's bronco. Just due to the way the headlights make that front end look.

I too was confused at the ford comment.

here's a picture of my deuce in a mudhole at the Koblenz show last year.
I didn't own it then, and I wasn't driving it, and I must say that the mess this created will prevent me forever from doing this. Expecially the mud at Koblenz, it seems to me that once it has dried it is like concrete.
It probably would have been less an issue if the previous owner had prepared the truck for fording or mudholes.

Mark

Attachments

Green_gator

Please do not remind me of the mud in Germany. I spent to many days on wash racks cleaning off mud from Grafenwoehr an Hohenfels. It is the only stuff I have met to give good Georgia red clay a run for its money.

DMgunn

That's where he lost me.......around here, Chevys "dead in the water" are a dime a dozen.......the Ford guys are the ones that get the calls at 3am to do recovery duty.

Never could get them to understand that a vehicle with big lift and stock tires is still essentially stock. And the stick-on hood scoops and giant bowtie window decals are also ineffective.

butch atkins

stuck like this

stuck means unable to get out on your own,been there ,done it 5 times ,bulldozer 1 time to get m211 out of mud hole,dug out witha shovel,(pics posted under my name in the early deuce forum),3 times had to call a big wrecker from a well known truck towing firm,ouch,my aching wallet,1600.00 would have bought a lot of goodies, + now having to redo all the brakes from playing in the creek to much,3 stuck adjusters,and all on one side,a little stupidity will go along way,and have pulled twice as many stuck fords as all else combined,just say no to asphalt queens,a bad trail ride is better than a good day at work,work hard ,play harder,i do wash undern eath truck after a ride,makes it easier to work on,good luck to all on your projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks