• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before and after pictures

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here are the before and after pics on my 1009 after she got out of the body shop :D . Still have a lot of minor stuff to fix.

Anyone have a spare M1009 rear seat in the MD/WV/VA area? Mine got thrown out by accident. :x

They put the IR lights on upside down. Spot light now doesn't work so I have to fix it. Like I said, minor stuff.

medlog

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: Nice Truck

Absolutely, I have a pair of PVS7D equivalents I bought about 2 years ago. Those NODS with these lights...might as well be daytime. Was thinking about having the spot light as an IR but couldn't find the right size lens and besides I may be rigging up a hand held IR system using this same type of light, some wire, and fashioning a handle.

btw also looking for a radio rack from a M1008A1. I want to see if I can modify it to put the radios in the back-back. I always hated the way they blocked the rear passenger seat.

Jones

Careful driving with the PVS 7s as they give a false depth of field with only one objective lens. That's why the military quit using them for veh. ops. No sense wrinkling up a truck as nice looking as yours... or you either, for that matter.

JohnFire

Looks great. Definately much better with the better digital camera :D . Real clean, looks like it has a great body on it. They probably put the IR lights upside down so they didn't interfer with the blackout drive lights.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Love to have some IR lights and NODS for nightime golfcart rides. Unfortunatly, the NODS cost more than any vehicle I own.

AJMBLAZER

Ooooh, purty. :D

If the color doesn't matter just look for any 73-91 GMC Jimmy K5 or Chevrolet Blazer K5 rear seat. Might even find a civilian seat with the same burgundy color.

86M10086.2L

I don't know if this will really help you but I figured I'd put it out there just in case. I have a blue back seat from a civilian 88 fulsize GMC Jimmy. The truck and I are on Long Island. Eventually the truck will get scrapped after I take what I want off of it. Mostly just the front end sheet metal/doors and some dash parts. If anyone can use anything off it especially all the little GM specific srews, bolts, brackets from it let me know. Just for info it's a 350 TBI 700R4 truck with a dual shock equiped (I think)Dana 44 front axle.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both the PVS 14 and 7's have one Objective lens. The Army still drives with PVS-7's and 14's. I logged many 1000's of miles driving with them. Once you go thru the Driving With NVG's course, your set. The only NVGs that give a sense of depth is the ANVIS series, and they are for aviation use only due to their expense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks