• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before and after

SixBuy

That's downright pretty! Much as I like the CARC paint it just wasn't made for looks. Where did you find the 'danger' decals for the tach/speedo?

Warren Lovell

The blue dash light had a ocver over it which I removed. It is crimped on the inside.

The danger sticker came from Rick Larsen I believe.

The guages are mostly from saturn Surplus.

I thought about going Carc, but I have a vehicle that is already carc inside and wanted to look at something "new" inside. I have to say, the response to the gloss dash is overwhelmingly positive, even with my anal retentive military vehicle buddies!

Warren

Ok I am the first customer. Can anybody get me a good shot of the original Military "Danger" sticker as my truck doesn't even have one.

I would need a picture taken dead center straight on so that I can see the size in reference to the numbers so I can judge length, color, how it looks, and lettering style. I believe the original had an arrow tip on the top end of the red Danger part if I am not mistaken.

IE: Take a digital picture of it at a 90° angle. - [there's that Alt+248 trick we learned here :)].

Heck, I can knock these things out by the boat load once I got the arwork done and cheap!

mangus580

RDD, Rick gets $3 for the speedo stickers, and $2 for the tach I think. If you need cheaper than that, well... you shouldnt have a deuce ;-)

SixBuy

Nothing is ever simple! I looked at Rick's and the danger decal Warren has on his speedo. They're both different from the danger decal on my tach. Mine is red and smaller. Looks to be about half to third smaller. Seems like nitpickin' but were both designs original? I'd like to replace what I've got.

SixBuy

RDD, 'zactly! I got my old tach out and took a couple of pix.

P, measuring across the arrow at the 'N' the decal is .250" Wide, the red band is .160" and the letters are .120". Although the pix doesn't do justice, the arrow stretches from 2600 RPM to 3500 RPM.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks