• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint adhesión question.

plode

I repainted my truck last year with the Behr Marquee, and I'm beginning to notice a few spots are beginning to chip/peel. I sanded the entire truck prior to applying two-three coats with a foam roller and brush.
Don't know what the issue is. I'm just going to chip off the pieces and paint over it.

mikey

I am seeing the same trend from all of your posts. That is, lots of sun and heat. Neither of which my car have been able to get since I painted it 4 months ago. I kept it in the garage for the last 4 months hoping the paint would cure. But, due to the wet winter and now all of this rain we are getting. I guess it just has not been able to cure. I will take all of you all's advice. I'm going to park it back in the garage until it starts getting warm and sunny again. Thank you all greatly for the great information. I will keep you all posted.
when it does get wet for the first time, even after it cures, don't be shocked when it streaks and you see little soapy bubbles. I'm not sure what is being washed out, but that's been normal on every part or truck I painted. When it dries the streaks are gone.

Also, if you can scratch the paint with with your fingernail it is absolutely not cured yet.

I repainted my truck last year with the Behr Marquee, and I'm beginning to notice a few spots are beginning to chip/peel. I sanded the entire truck prior to applying two-three coats with a foam roller and brush.
Don't know what the issue is. I'm just going to chip off the pieces and paint over it.
Couple of possibilities here. First, I've read the marquee primer is made for drywall and wood. I prefer the rustoleum rusty metal primer and have great success with that. Also the possibility of surface prep. Perhaps you left some grease or oil under the paint. I pressure wash with a degreaser before I paint. I've never had my behr paint bubble, chip or peel unless it either wasn't cured fully (peel) or I hit a tree or rock (chip). But wherever it has chipped, I'm sure carc would have done the same. I've hit some big trees hard with my bumper and just lightly scratched the surface of the paint. When cured properly that behr is as tough as carc.

Mikey

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

I am seeing the same trend from all of your posts. That is, lots of sun and heat. Neither of which my car have been able to get since I painted it 4 months ago. I kept it in the garage for the last 4 months hoping the paint would cure. But, due to the wet winter and now all of this rain we are getting. I guess it just has not been able to cure. I will take all of you all's advice. I'm going to park it back in the garage until it starts getting warm and sunny again. Thank you all greatly for the great information. I will keep you all posted.
I agree that it has not cured yet- the humidity in your area needs to decrease considerably before it will. It may take a month of dry weather to fully cure.
Unless you're running a dehumidifier in your garage, the humidity in there is almost as high as it is outside. Your vehicle didn't get rained on but the paint will cure slowly when the humidity is high.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks