• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What color code is this paint job?
It's a little different as before I purchased the Hmmwv I had my M101A2 that I paint matched to my buddies Pinzgauer 712M. It is a WWII Panzer green with an extra shot of black. Liked the color so much when I painted the HMMWV I went the same way. I get many compliments on the color.

Mark

345854-6af40ca46d78faeb4f10ee9cace87eb2.jpg

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Bigger is definitely better... Looking at the picture, it looks like the trailer is different from the truck. I discovered "an app for that". Colors that is... Color Grab is an Android version that looks at a color and gives printers colors. It may have more features. Heck, there may even be a color tool by Glidden Paints or somebody like that...

ssdvc

The sun is your friend when it comes to house paint curing. Don't wash it Don't wipe it just leave it alone. After three weeks or so you can wash the truck. My Behr paint has been on now for over 4 years and has held up very well. Hope this helps.

Mark

View attachment 870795
Mark,

Really good color. You wouldn't happen to be able to post a pic of the label on the paint can, would you?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem with the custom color match is that you need to have the exact same 'base' mix to get the same color at a different store. When you have the Federal Supply Standard (FSS) paint code number where the first digit stand for the finish (1-glossy, 2-semi-gloss, 3-flat), the second is base color (ie 4=green), and the last three the shade of that color; then you will get the exact same color today and ten years from now. The label on his can shows he got the paint on September 5, 2016 - the mix may NOT be the same now in 2022. YMMV.

3rdmdqm

This is what I recently obtained for my 68 Deuce restoration from the original paint match color. Sorry for the late reply. Would love to be able to use the Federal Standard codes however every paint place I have been to in my area says they either don’t have them or can’t access them. Hard to find knowledgeable help these days.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I recently obtained for my 68 Deuce restoration from the original paint match color. Sorry for the late reply. Would love to be able to use the Federal Standard codes however every paint place I have been to in my area says they either don’t have them or can’t access them. Hard to find knowledgeable help these days.
Ask them to pull up 'competitive paints', if they can have them scroll down several (maybe 5 or 6) pages to look for "FSS", if it's there, select it and it should bring up a screen with two fields in it. The second field is the 'number', like 24087, which is a semi gloss green shade. There is a thread on "Behr Paint" and in it there is at least one post with ALL the FSS paint codes. The thread was started more than five years ago because I've had trucks painted with it at least that long.

3rdmdqm

Ask them to pull up 'competitive paints', if they can have them scroll down several (maybe 5 or 6) pages to look for "FSS", if it's there, select it and it should bring up a screen with two fields in it. The second field is the 'number', like 24087, which is a semi-gloss green shade. There is a thread on "Behr Paint" and in it there is at least one post with ALL the FSS paint codes. The thread was started more than five years ago because I've had trucks painted with it at least that long.
I've tried that. They look at me dumbfounded and say they no longer use that system and can't access it. Seems it's either laziness or they are just ignorant of the computer, either way it's very frustrating and they just get agitated the more you try to explain it. Even tried talking with a manager, just doesn't seem worth their time. I even provided the 24087 code and they said they have no idea what it is and don't know where or how to put it into the system indicating they have changed computer programs and no longer have the ability to do that. I've pretty much thrown my hands up out here in Maryland at this point.

Seapup

I've tried that. They look at me dumbfounded and say they no longer use that system and can't access it. Seems it's either laziness or they are just ignorant of the computer, either way it's very frustrating and they just get agitated the more you try to explain it. Even tried talking with a manager, just doesn't seem worth their time. I even provided the 24087 code and they said they have no idea what it is and don't know where or how to put it into the system indicating they have changed computer programs and no longer have the ability to do that. I've pretty much thrown my hands up out here in Maryland at this point.
Good morning gents and non-gents
I just wanted to add a little knowledge to what I found today August 9, 2022 at Home Depot for bear products. The Home Depot I went to also gave me the crosseyed I have three heads look when I asked for the federal.
They also gave me the same story about it’s just not possible on their system and didn’t know how to look it up… and if I brought a piece and they would be glad to color match it was the “ only way”
So I complimented her on her blue and green hair,
Batted my eye lashes and performed a couple strategic hair flips. (I watched my wife do this often so I thought it might work for me 🤣)
And then I gave her the paint code number 34094 and asked her to match these under their competitor compatability lookup, and with the smell of glitter and unicorn farts in the air she exclaimed OMG I found a federal so and so but I only have green, I then gave her the codes for brown and tan and she “OMG” a couple more times and, in no time at all I walked out with my samples of military camo paint in my Behr Marquee and Premium plus flavored sippy cups.
adapt and overcome

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning gents and non-gents
I just wanted to add a little knowledge to what I found today August 9, 2022 at Home Depot for bear products. The Home Depot I went to also gave me the crosseyed I have three heads look when I asked for the federal.
They also gave me the same story about it’s just not possible on their system and didn’t know how to look it up… and if I brought a piece and they would be glad to color match it was the “ only way”
So I complimented her on her blue and green hair,
Batted my eye lashes and performed a couple strategic hair flips. (I watched my wife do this often so I thought it might work for me 🤣)
And then I gave her the paint code number 34094 and asked her to match these under their competitor compatability lookup, and with the smell of glitter and unicorn farts in the air she exclaimed OMG I found a federal so and so but I only have green, I then gave her the codes for brown and tan and she “OMG” a couple more times and, in no time at all I walked out with my samples of military camo paint in my Behr Marquee and Premium plus flavored sippy cups.
adapt and overcome
I call it 'learning to speak dumb@$$'..

Because you're bound to run into them, and you gotta speak at their level, in a way they'll understand....

:ROFLMAO:

mikey

This is my 24087 completed just before 4th of July. This was a color match and it IS a bit lighter compared to my jeep which was also done in 24087. As others have stated, I have had zero success in home depot getting ANY worker to find the FSS colors and I've been using behr for over 10 years. I do have the paint code for this, but it's not "true" 24087.

291361950_10221803213778422_9137552285426614395_n.jpg
291624582_10221803213178407_6718313170219661619_n.jpg
291484878_10221803212698395_5279569367145137043_n.jpg
291636903_10221803212378387_8374874557819275397_n.jpg
291310498_10221803212018378_3807047717109406300_n.jpg
291609257_10221803211698370_5264334408735174261_n.jpg
291134943_10221803211258359_4176183718768311248_n.jpg
291375545_10221803210898350_2964471434714997197_n.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think just about ALL of the stores selling paint CAN do the lookup, the employees have not been trained (or don't care) to do it. In my case I had printed off a two page list of 'common' colors in the FSS/US Government list (IE School Bus Yellow) and helped them find the listings under 'Competitive Paints'. The guy I was working with was a bit older than the other employees, and he remarked that they could use the list to bid on state contracts for paint. If the people are still recalcitrant, simply go to the store manager, tell them that their paint people were not helpful and that you will go to a competitor to make all further purchases. If they truly cannot, the store manager will find out why not, and if they can, everyone in that department will be trained to do so within a week!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks