• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

Merc1973

Love this thread.

I would like to return the deuce to its original darker color. Has anyone used this paint in Vietnam era Olive Semi-gloss?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Love this thread.

I would like to return the deuce to its original darker color. Has anyone used this paint in Vietnam era Olive Semi-gloss?
Yep55.jpg if you over spray rough CARC you will need to sand smooth the weird parts of the finish on ammo trailer is where I didn't 008.jpg behind fuse box and upper rear corner.

Attachments

zout

SW Bradley was telling me they loaded Behr in spray cans for him ? This is a step up for a lot of us for touch up or even full jobs with folks without spray equip - maybe Swbradley can chime in here and tell us how they did it and how long it took.

Bighurt

SW Bradley was telling me they loaded Behr in spray cans for him ? This is a step up for a lot of us for touch up or even full jobs with folks without spray equip - maybe Swbradley can chime in here and tell us how they did it and how long it took.
I have small airless with a qt on it. While I imagine rattle cans are easier, the airless is pretty easy in its self, and with the small nozzle is pretty accurate.

plode

Well I've got the truck almost completely painted. Still have a couple spots to touch up, and under the truck to do. Haven't figured out how I'm going to tackle with getting under the bed yet. Needs to get wire wheeled(rust) and primed with some rusty metal primer first.
I'm not sure if I like the solid green or not. I think it looked so much more "mean" with camo, so I might have to add the black and brown soon. Also have to replace the mud flaps.
20141023_180130_zps7e9ohmsb.jpg20141012_113059_zpsdatjbmtj.jpg

This was all painted with Behr Marquee. Used a foam roller and a paint brush for 90% of it. I messed with a Wagner sprayer for a tiny bit of it(back side of cab, front of the bed, and the sides of the bed). The sprayer mainly made a mess, and it was just easier for me to roll it.

Another Ahab

Well I've got the truck almost completely painted.
I'm not sure if I like the solid green or not. I think it looked so much more "mean" with camo, so I might have to add the black and brown soon. Also have to replace the mud flaps.
View attachment 523581
Save yourself the trouble; that green looks good.

The big rig, all by itself, is already "mean".

Last edited:

hoplite666

Just started my Behr job. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I chose to step away from the factory greens and decided on "olive leaf." It's a bit darker than 383 and was right there on Home Depot's sample wall. I'm just finishing up the top and am very pleased. Sprayed the paint un-thinned with a Wagner Flexio 570. BTW this sprayer works very well. No runs, very quiet, very adjustable.

IMAG0338.jpgIMAG0341.jpgIMAG0340.jpgIMAG0337.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

Here is my Behr paint job. It's not an MV, but a former EMS vehicle, for whatever that's worth. A complete color change, the truck used to be white, took almost 2 gallons. I used a Harbor Freight airless sprayer on the door jams and hard to reach areas, then a roller on the outside. Two coats on everything.

I couldnt be happier with it. The paint has the correct feel and texture I wanted. After a few trips through the woods, rubbing on trees and riverbanks, the paint is well "pinstriped" but there is no chipping or peeling. Even around the new dents.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks