• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

JoshHefnerX

I know this thread has been dead a couple of months. But wanted to check in to see how the paint is holding up a few years later. Esp, in the desert southwest. UV here is pretty rough on paint.

Josh

SirKen

Well onto my way to transforming from tan to camo. Pressure washing then wire brushing with wire cup brush on the angle grinder. I think having paint so easily available and cheap, it's the way to go for me.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may still want the codes. I went in with my fs numbers and got nothing but push back from the old lady working at the hd paint desk. She would not put them in at first. Finally she entered 34094 but could find nothing but error messages I even showed her a hd paint can label with the fss 34094 printed on it. She could not figure it out. She says there are no standard colors. I tried to explain.

finally a new guy showed up . He was able to pull it up in about 30 seconds. He put the number in the paint color section.

What do you guys tell them to get the employee to put it in the computer? And where?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell them "I need to search by the name of the color I want, I don't remember the number."

Then I read them the number. (34094, etc...). They look confused, but "Trust me, hit enter" :grin:

"All that comes up is some FSC 383 Green..."
"Yup, that's it"
"Looks like an army color..."

Then I explain what it is.

If they just put in a number, it may be referencing the number from their little sample thingys, and not hitting.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has home depot changed there formula for behr 383 green? I bought a gallon the other day and the label is different than ones posted before.
Sometimes the paint manufacturer changes the formulation. When you go buy paint, give them the FS number and you are good to go. Assuming your Home Depot paint person can find it in the computer. Some of them are better than others, YMMV. Good luck.

whistlepig

All I gave them was the fs # and they mixed my paint. The reason I questioned the different label is because my paint seems to dark. My label is the one on the left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks