• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

Aruba1

How much is a gallon at regular prices?

Depends what you get. I got the Behr Marquee Exterior paint and it was about $43. I hope to stop at HD and see if I can still use the $10 coupons, would be nice. If not, I will get a few gallons and stock on them.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think that chrome will take paint (even if you abrade it first with sandpaper no matter what the grit).

Somebody else will have to chime in here, but I think you need to strip the chrome off first.
Bead blast or sand blast usually works. Roughs up the surface a little so the paint will adhere.

Stealth Tagger

M35A2 Painted with Exterior House Paint

Here are a few pictures of our Equinox Tactical Laser Tag 1967 M35A2 & M105 Trailer. Before and after pictures painted with Behr Exterior Premium Plus House Paint (Black & Tan) shot with a Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer.

Equinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan I.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan II.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan IV.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan VI.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan VII .jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan X.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XI.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XII.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XIV.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XV.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XVIII.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XVII.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XVI.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XIX.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XX.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XXIII.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XXII.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XXIV.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XXV.jpgEquinox Laser Tag M35A2 Tan XXVI.jpg

Last edited:

MtnSnow

Here is my 1990 M925a2 with a freshly done Behr Marquee in 383 Green. Used just over 2 gallons. I like my trucks solid colored so not planning on redoing the Camo (this way it also matches my M923a2 which was solid 383 Green when purchased from GovLiq).

Before
IMG_20141218_162409516_HDR.jpgIMG_20141218_162346252.jpg1990_M925-A2.jpg

After
20160511_182323.jpg20160511_182311.jpg20160511_182255.jpg20160511_182237.jpg20160511_182207.jpg20160511_182201.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it is in here somewhere, But I just can't find it. Can someone tell me the names of the three colors in the Green/Brown/black camo pattern on most of these trucks. I can find the codes on the thread below, once I get the names, but I just don't know the names of the green and brown and black.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?116608-Paint-Information-(Codes-and-Sources)

I have gone through 35 pages, looking at pictures. I am sure someone, somewhere along the way posted the names, but I was too busy admiring the paint jobs. Plus, some people chose to use different colors than standard.

Want to try to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it is in here somewhere, But I just can't find it. Can someone tell me the names of the three colors in the Green/Brown/black camo pattern on most of these trucks. I can find the codes on the thread below, once I get the names, but I just don't know the names of the green and brown and black.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?116608-Paint-Information-(Codes-and-Sources)

I have gone through 35 pages, looking at pictures. I am sure someone, somewhere along the way posted the names, but I was too busy admiring the paint jobs. Plus, some people chose to use different colors than standard.

Want to try to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks.
Is it Brown 383, and Green 383??? And black?

tobyS

Green 383 ---- FS34094
Black ----------FS37030
Brown 383-----FS30051

And they may not use the FS, just the number. The search for "paint codes" will bring them all up on SS or go to google and put in "Military paint codes".

SturmTyger380

Just got back from getting a gallon. Here is the reminder:

Tell the clerk the list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code (usually the lower box) and press enter.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it! I had actually copied that quote and emailed it to myself to tell them, but it's a great reminder for everyone.

Thanks.

ghost944

Hi everybody,

New to the forum but have a quick question? Does anybody have the Behr paint codes for federal Standard Code 36118 gunship grey in Flat? I live in Alberta Canada and our home depot cant cross reference those numbers up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, if guys will post photos of the top of their cans, the Home Depot guy can scan the photo on your phone and make the paint. I know a few guys did, and I saved their photos and had paint made.

Just FYI.

Another Ahab

Hi everybody,

New to the forum but have a quick question? Does anybody have the Behr paint codes for federal Standard Code 36118 gunship grey in Flat? I live in Alberta Canada and our home depot cant cross reference those numbers up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Welcome ghost944, from here in Virginia.

And sorry, I don't know the Behr codes, but somebody here will.

ghost944

Apparently cross referencing numbers up here is impossible haha even the Sherwin Williams store can't use the federal standard codes. I'm at a bit of a loss until I get someone who has the actual paint code they used at Home Depot unfortunately

Another Ahab

Apparently cross referencing numbers up here is impossible haha even the Sherwin Williams store can't use the federal standard codes. I'm at a bit of a loss until I get someone who has the actual paint code they used at Home Depot unfortunately
That sure seems ridiculous; but what else is new, right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks