• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Being kicked out of login when going to today's post

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed something strange while steelsoldering on my ipad. Once logged in, I can work normal as long as I stay in the forum submenu. When I try to go to today's post, the "you appear not to be logged in" page appears and the site works like I am not logged in??? Tried several times, so its not a one-time fluke.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
automatic crossed. but this is not logging out - logging back in. This is being logged in and trying to switch from the forum menu to the today's posts menu.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Possibly a setting on the ipad? Is the cookie function active? I no very little about this stuff I am just going from things that have messed me up in the past.

dmetalmiki

When I type a long post I must keep jumping from one item to another (or page) or I am logged out, and have to refresh the page and or log in over again. Have not found a cure for that yet. With or without the remember me. Seems like a "timing error" somewhere in the software.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Because your computer wasn't handling it's cookie properly. Deleting it causes a new cookie to be accepted. The cookie is what logs you in/keeps you logged in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks