• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Being kicked out of login when going to today's post

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed something strange while steelsoldering on my ipad. Once logged in, I can work normal as long as I stay in the forum submenu. When I try to go to today's post, the "you appear not to be logged in" page appears and the site works like I am not logged in??? Tried several times, so its not a one-time fluke.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
automatic crossed. but this is not logging out - logging back in. This is being logged in and trying to switch from the forum menu to the today's posts menu.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Possibly a setting on the ipad? Is the cookie function active? I no very little about this stuff I am just going from things that have messed me up in the past.

dmetalmiki

When I type a long post I must keep jumping from one item to another (or page) or I am logged out, and have to refresh the page and or log in over again. Have not found a cure for that yet. With or without the remember me. Seems like a "timing error" somewhere in the software.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Because your computer wasn't handling it's cookie properly. Deleting it causes a new cookie to be accepted. The cookie is what logs you in/keeps you logged in.