• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bell Housing Rpm Sensor- P/N Help

Tortuga

1993 AO M1078 Winch

I decided to investigate my non-functioning tach. Followed the TM checking continuity and ohm readings. Ultimately I had a bad reading right at the sensor so I pulled it. The tip is absolutely mangled. This sensor is the J38 connector with sensor on the bell housing.
After looking at the Quick parts ref spreadsheet I can only fine the transmission (29509637) and transfer case (29505601) speed sensors. Anyone have a part number or link available. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Does anyone know why the transfer case speed sensor is so incredibly expensive?!?IMG_7586.jpegIMG_7585.jpegIMG_7584.jpeg

Tortuga

its a standard generic inductive pickup you can get one that fits and wire the old connector to the new one.
Ya. I think I posted too soon. As soon as I changed my search terms from speed and rpm sensor to proximity sensor they started popping up. The factory one is like $250 so ill just splice the connector as you said. I think it’s 18mm but I will measure the thread at work tomorrow.

Tortuga

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, I have got to get better at searching this forum. Everything is here, finding it is the issue. I ended up buying the same sensor from Dorman as it was cheaper then the Napa part number. Comes in today so hopefully my next post will be everything working again.
I agree that the on forum search is lacking. The biggest issue is its minimum string length for searches. With all the short acronyms the militiary used for stuff it makes finding posts with MEP or ECO HUB challenging. Many times I have to resort to doing a google search limited to steelsoldiers.com. That of course has its own problems since no matter what you search for in google it contaminates the results with what it THINKS you wanted instead of what you actually wanted. Thats all I have say about that! :D

Ronmar

I agree that the on forum search is lacking. The biggest issue is its minimum string length for searches. With all the short acronyms the militiary used for stuff it makes finding posts with MEP or ECO HUB challenging. Many times I have to resort to doing a google search limited to steelsoldiers.com. That of course has its own problems since no matter what you search for in google it contaminates the results with what it THINKS you wanted instead of what you actually wanted. Thats all I have say about that! :D
Yea that minimum length really hampers searches at times…