• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

belt drive came out of front of engine

K5german

Help needed with M1009 CUCV question. I have a 1984 blazer K5 and the part where the belts are fed from the engine came out, how is it attached to the rod? is it a long bolt that came loose and fell out?

Attachments

K5german

in the photo you can see the belt thing and how it came out of the engine, I was able to push it back in but am not certain how to tighten it again.

Thanks for any help!
cheers

Westech

CPL
dude thats your ballancer. Time to get a new one and a new hold down bolt. Make sure the bolt did not brake off in the crankshaft.
and no that is not the end of the crank shat.... the ballancer goes over the end of the shaft. Time to READ THE TM'S OR GET A REPIR MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K5german

Thanks for the info. What am I looking at price wise for the new balancer and the hold down bolt? What is expected in terms of labour? I just dropped a ton of money on a new starter and try to do this on the cheap/myself.

Thanks

jumpmasterjim

Easy fix as long as the bolt did not break off in the shaft. Harmonic ballancer should be relatively inexpensive although I haven't bought one in a while. The bolt a few bucks at most. then just put it on. Make sure you torque it to the specs. good luck

Like others have said you really need to get a manual and sit down and read about the process to decide if you have the tool and skill to not only do it correctly, but to also make sure no irreparable damage has been done.

Keith_J

The MAC indicates this is a direct support replaced item. But it is relatively easy, IF you have the correct tools. The bolt is torqued to 200 foot pounds. You will need something to lock the crankshaft.

Bear in mind the damper has a key.

TyJustice

Holy ****! I pray to God that I never have that particular failure.

You had no warning prior to this event happening? Was there any evidence of a sever vibration before the balancer detached itself from the crank?

Just wondering

TyJustice

In high school I had a 78 Cheyenne 1/2ton and had a balancer go out.

If I had known anything about engines at that age; it would have been in the shop a lot sooner.

That’s all I was saying.

pigfoot63

Make you a parts list and PM me . I've got enough parts stashed around to put you back together. Be sure to check the end of the crank and the bolt threads. Crank could be thashed.