• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

belt replacement

ah1955

The air compresser belt on my deuce is very loose. It looked to me like a split pulley but was not sure so looked up in the TM and I was right, the TM list a special spanner wrench to adjust the pulley. My question is taking into consideration the right tool for the right job is there any other tool that will work on the pulley adjustment. I was thinking that I would just replace the alt. belts and the air compresser belt while I was at it. What would be a good source for the belts did read that the crossover #'s are narrower then issue is this a big deal or easy to live with.
Still have not figured out how to post pic. of my truck, will try again soon!!!!
Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Goodyear Gatorback belts and they work flawlessly. If one had a very large pair of channel locks that might work on the compressor but honestly never tried. I bought a compressor wrench from John Souza in Fresno CA. He had a bunch made and was selling them a few years ago. Its a lifesaver of a wrench and much better than the surplus ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks