• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Belts and Doodads

SomeNewGuy

Any reccomendations on where to get a new cluster and dash? Ive seen all sorts all over the internet but have no idea if what is adverised is actually going to work... I defer to yalls experiance.

As a side note, they gave me the wrong belt for the driver side alternator and driving into town is 45 min each way... so I used one I had laying around to go from the fan to ps to alt, skipping the crank. Is this... acceptable? It seems to work fine, but am I making a mistake in the long run?

vanaisa

cucvrus

Rarely you will find a civilian model truck, blazer, suburban model that had 4 idiot lights. They were rare. But I remember many fleet vehicles having that option because it came standard and cost less. Pickings on these 35+ year old trucks are far and few between at this point in time. If you have a cluster and it is not broken in half I would opt to repair and replace what you have to in order to get it functional again. The printed circuit boards are still available and the cluster housing can be reused and fixed with no notice after a proper repair. The final assembly may require some alterations to get things mounted correctly but no permanent modifications until you can find a suitable replacement or just live with what you have. I mean I sold a guy a new GM tailgate for his civilian Chevy truck that was lifted , bent and rusted beyond anything I would repair. But he wanted a new tailgate. Getting things functioning and clean at this point is the best option on many of these older vehicles. The day of being prime and clean again has long passed for many. Keep them rolling. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks