• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ben Hur Trailer Worth Saving

dshawster

Hi all, I've been lurking here a while since I bought a 802A generator to get some info on it. I thought I would post this trailer I picked up years ago to see if its in a condition that is worth saving or more correctly restoring. I was in the market for a utility trailer about 10 years ago and ran across this for a good price, I haven't done anything to it besides put the wood sides on it and add the tongue jack. It is still serving its purpose for me but it is overkill and its getting up there in age, so I was thinking would someone want to restore it after all the mods some previous owner made? If so I would rather see it restored rather than waste away. Most of the frame has been replaced to allow the trailer to tilt, the bed in relation to the frame is in a different spot and the fenders have been moved as a result of that, the tailgate was modified and the piece on the front was installed to allow different amounts of tilt. The tilt function works but isn't very useful at all so I don't use it much, kind of a shame someone went through all that work for something that doesn't perform well. Let me know your thoughts, if it turns out it would be a worthwhile project for someone I would be willing to part with it. On a side note, can you even get tires for this thing? The ones that are on there aren't looking too good.

Dave

IMG_3436.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3434.jpgIMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3439.jpgIMG_3440.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks