• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bend in compressor coolant line

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to reroute the compressor coolant line to make space for the A/C brackets on my M1083A1 with a 3126. Is this bend going to cause me any issues down the road? There aren't any kinks and it isn't rubbing anywhere. My natural inclination is to want to do it right, but the fitting on the left is a pain to get to and I would have to tear more apart to get to it.

compressor coolant hose bend.jpg

Follow up to this. I took the pictures down to the local Cat service center and talked to a tech there. He said the main risk to bends like this are air pockets getting trapped. Since it is under pressure from the water pump, he didn't think there would be any issues. He did suggest sleeving the hose near any bolts sticking out of the engine to minimize wear.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks