• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bendix injector with Delavan Nozzle

Jake59

Hi all,

I am trying to identify and get the specifications and use of a BENDIX Air/Fuel injector with DELAVAN Nozzle:
Bendix Injector NSN 2910-00-854-4428 ( 10-207910-5, 115GC16A, 10899109 )

I understand this is used on military trucks as an intake preheater device for cold weather starting.
Not sure if this applies to The Deuce or only on bigger rigs?
The engine this is used on could possibly be a MAC?

The BENDIX core has following markings:
BENDIX
10-207910-56
ORD 10899109
The DELAVAN nozzle has following markings on it:
Is this a fuel injector which works in combination with air pressure feed or only for fuel with a return line ?
Could you give the technical data about this device and nozzle please?
Operating pressure?
Operating/optimal Air pressure?
Operating/optimal Fuel Pressure? Or uses suction lift?
Nozzle Flow Rate GPH @ ...Air Pressure?
Nozzle 1.jpgNozzle 2.jpgNozzle 4.jpgNozzle 7.jpg
The technical specifications and rating are therefore most interesting for use in numerous alternate applications.

Your help and information is highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Jake

davidb56

Never heard of it. At one time I was considering installing a 24vdc glow plug in the intake where I removed the original flame heater, but ended up with a coolant (120vac) heater instead. I'd still like to install a glow plug, but its on a "to do" list that I'll never live long enough to complete.

Jake59

Never heard of it. At one time I was considering installing a 24vdc glow plug in the intake where I removed the original flame heater, but ended up with a coolant (120vac) heater instead. I'd still like to install a glow plug, but its on a "to do" list that I'll never live long enough to complete.
Hi David,

Know exactly what you mean with your to do list... I'm in the same spot!

I have a box full of these injectors with nozzles, somewhere between 20 and 40 I think.
On some packaging it says "Continental Motors Corp" and these are dated 1962, so from some older US Military vehicles.

Was thinking of using them to build a workhouse waste oil / vegetable oil heating system with compressed air feed and therefore need to understand exactly what type this is and how they should be used.

Cheers,
Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks