• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best adhesive or adhering agent for weather stripping and door seals?

I am going to pick up my first MV next week which is a Frankencab 5 ton and one of the pieces of Rubber door stripping has come loose as shown in the picture below.

What are some suggestions for the best thing to adhere it back in place with?Weather stripping.jpg

I want to do it as soon as I get the truck before I get back on the road as it is supposed to get down to -3 degrees the night I will be getting back home....really don't want all of that cold air coming in one window on the interstate for 550 miles lol.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I am betting it is split and you will not be able to do anything with it. I'd bring some kind of foam to stuff in there, like the caulk backing or something similar.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had good success with JB Weld on rubber and even silicone gaskets. It may take a while to set, but works for me.
"Goop" is also excellent.

dawico

I haven't tried it on that particular application, but Silicone seems to work well for most things like that.

I had an old truck that was missing the door weather stripping. I put a layer of blue tape on the door and added Silicone to the seal and shut the door. It worked well and the tape kept the door from getting glued shut.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duck tape it for now, fix later.

Bo1

I actually work for Wilammette Valley/ Eclectic Products.
We manufacture Goop, E-6000, and many other adhesives at my location. Goop and E-6000 are both very good adhesives.
If you ever need a sample to try out, just let me know, and I can probably send out a tube or two.. :wink:

Bo

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I can vouch for the goop been using that stuff for years. Put sneaker soles back on with it. Sometime I will take a screw or two out from under the weatherstripping, poke a hole then screw it back in over. It won't fall off again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3M was designed for the job. One thing it wasn't designed for was gluing valve cover gaskets to the valve covers but it works well at that too. Great if you have them off alot.