• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best ideas needed for hydraulic refill

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On one of your pics, i circled what should be the outlet port on the hand pump and the filler port for the hand pump reservoir. You run a line from that outlet port on the pump to the port on the forward side at the bottom of the lift cylinder. I would set the valve selector to cab raise. This is just so any fluid on the rod end of the piston will return thru the normal return path to a reservoir As the piston moves up toward the top end while lifting the cab. I don’t think they typically have much fluid in them on that end as I think most people only pump long enough to get back over the balance point and the cab comes the rest of the way down via gravity. I don’t think the cab cylinder typically sucks much fluid as it is easy to suck in air around the rod seal as it was not designed to resist pressure in that direction. At any rate, the fluid needs a path to return from the cylinder.

top off the hand pump reservoir and you should be able to pump the cab right to the top. once there, put in a brace to insure it stays there and fix the latch. When done with the latch repair, remove the line you added and put the original hoses back on the pump and cylinder ports. With the selector still in the “cab raise” position, pump on the manual pump to test that the system doesn't leak/will hold pressure. This should open the hydraulic latch and the pump handle will become solid as the fluid has noplace to go. The pressure builds because the lift cylinder is fully extended and the latch should now be open. Now check the lines and latch for any leaks. if it is not leaking, remove the brace and select “cab lower“ and pump the cab back over the balance point like you normally would to close the cab.

View attachment 890116
Thanks for explaining it so i can understand it better ! I ordered the seal kit for the latch yday i will just need to pick up some hydraulic oil when i get back mobil . I will be able to come back to this to remind me of all the instructions ! I really appreciate this so i do it rite lol instead of stabbing steak knives in the wall outlets !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks