• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best lift for a m1008

1984CUCV

i am getting ready to order a 6 inch lift for my m1008 and wanted to know what brand you guys would recommend. I am leaning toward Tuff Country but i can get a Rough Country lift for about $100 cheaper. I know they are all good (rancho, superlift etc) but wanted to get your feedback both good and bad regarding the various manufacturers. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Cucvnut

I like superlift. if your going to go with a 6 inch lift i would do cross over steering. its not fun trying to park a big ass rig when crappy steering and the Gm350 arm from procomp or who ever you get it from ( U shaped steering arm ) wont solve any problems you have. dont for get break lines and what not.

DMaddox

try bds lifts.. they have a great reputation and a no questions asked full lifetime warranty.. even if you put you truck in a ditch and tell them it was your fault, they will replace the parts for free.

Cucvnut

BDS does not offer a kit for the k30 M1008 just a K20 and no dielsel option but the kit they have is leafs in the front and blocks and add a leaves in the rear. 1984 did you want a kit with leafs in the rear or blocks ?

allrevup

With all the possible ways to lift this trucks and give articulation...
My money for "OFF The Shelf springs" is on "BDS".
I used their 5.5" spring lift for a 3/4 ton truck, that net me the 6" I was after with the Dana60. They are narrower then the 3" wide OEM springs used in front, but have more leaves then most others 1 ton springs and are well dessigned and built.
FRONT springs part # BDS001551, REAR 56" springs part # BDS001608
The weight of the 6.2 engine, batteries, alternators, hydrolics and high capasity radiator level it just right for 36" and 37" tires, No drive shafts issues, a 12K. winch perched in front, with out any issues. Very comfortable ride and more then adecuate cargo capacity (max cargo is more then about springs)
My choice for shocks would be the Bilstein 7100 or 5100 series for 6"-8'', with very long travel, they can be custom valved for your application and rebuilt by you, they make what other "high-end" re-laveled sell for less.

powerhouseduece

BDS All the way!!!!!!!!!! There springs are going to be the best ride and strongest you will find! I use to work for a BDS dealer and installed them every day! Peace-O-Cake

bsalbrig

If you want 6" I would do 6" springs in front and a shackle flip in back and see how it sits. I used superlift springs just cause that is what ORD carried, they seem to flex well enough.

I did 8" springs in front with 1" zerorates and 4" springs in back with 4" shackle flip with 5" shackles (+.5") This was enough to fit a 39.5 tire with a little trimming.

Last edited:

Wartburg

If you want 6" I would do 6" springs in front and a shackle flip in back and see how it sits. I used superlift springs just cause that is what ORD carried, they seem to flex well enough.

I did 8" springs in front with 1" zerorates and 4" springs in back with 4" shackle flip with 5" shackles (+.5") This was enough to fit a 39.5 tire with a little trimming.
that looks good.

jimmy-90

Tuff country springs are wildly popular for suspension flex over on coloradok5. I have a 4" set in the rear of my 1990 jimmy with a DIY4X shackle flip and 6" shackles. With a floor jack under the spring they flex better than the 6" BDS springs im replaceing. Lol im not done building that truck yet. All this stuf I have is on a 1/2ton jimmy but im sure the 1ton tuff country EZ rides have the same rate as the half ton EZ rides. Also the ruff country springs are VERY stiff.

Attachments

allrevup

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks