• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best method of posting for future searching?

DavidWymore

It occurred to me while searching that long threads (such as long build threads) are frustrating because when I search for a particular term, I have to read through all the pages in the thread to find where it was mentioned.
So, are shorter, one-topic-only threads a better method? Or am I missing a way to search that will bring me directly to the page of the thread that has the term I'm searching for?

Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best thing for searching is for posters to spell every word in the title correctly.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you quickly scroll through the threads that you find when searching, the searched words you used will be highlighted.

That helps find the correct content within a thread.

We do like inclusive, and continued threads more than lots of short ones.

DavidWymore

I am a fast reader, and can scan quickly. I also use CTRL-F to search pages for terms, but when a thread is 50 pages long, clicking through them takes forever.

...aha! I found in settings where I can change how many posts are displayed per page. I changed it to 40. Biiig difference, don't have to click the next page so many times. My ~15 page thread is now ~5.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the advanced search mode you can search by thread or post. Default is thread. If you search by post, only those posts with the specified word will come up. It's also advisable to narrow down the forums. If what you're looking for is CUCV specific, look only in the CUCV and maybe CUCV Mod forums.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks