• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Place to buy CUCV Parts

rgguin

Does anyone have some websites or parts vendors they would recommend as the best places to buy parts for the M1009? I understand NAPA carries a lot of them since they can interchange with the civilian version. I was wondering if there were some vendors that might have NOS military parts?

Update of my M1009 rubbing problem: We have found a warped flywheel so far. Hopefully will be on the road soon!

Thanks for any help.

mangus580

99% of the parts you need can be had at just about any Autoparts store. I have a spare flexplate if you are in need of a cheap one. :)

rgguin

Thanks Mike, The mechanic has not called me to tell me what else he has found. They are suppose to slide the transmission back this week and inspect the end of the crank. They think they can see a chipped spot in the end of the crank (maybe just chipped from installation), but want to be sure it is just the flywheel. Does the flywheel and flex plate come together? I am inexperienced on the M1009 as you can tell.

How much for the flex plate you have? Is it new? Sounds like this is a common problem with the CUCV?

GreesyBlazer43

Saturn Surplus! I think they have the best prices on what they have. I had a flexplate issue too. I replaced it and the tranny is now shifting harder. Got any ideas why this would be guys? I'm still looking for a starter bracket too.

OL AG '89

No reasonable explanation for transmission to shift harder after changing flexplate. The flexplate just transfers engine rotation to torque converter. Unless the flexplate was so trashed that it wasn't allowing engine to spin, not realistic....

HillbillyWizard

Old thread that came up in a search for something else... For the record, I like to think that we are a pretty good source for the CUCV parts that can't be found at your local parts store. Give us a try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks