• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Place to Buy?

spectre6000

I'm hoping to be in the market for an M1009 soon, and I'm trying to figure out the best place to get a hold of one. GL seems like it would be a real challenge to get it to where I can make it run. I've seen a few resellers but none that stand out as especially good places to start, and I'm sure some are better than others. I searched on here and didn't find anything other than people picking them up on Craigslist and such. Any suggestions where to go? Where to avoid?

spectre6000

You found yours there or you have one for sale there?

I called the 100dollar man (or something like that) today, and he doesn't have any and hasn't for a while. There's a guy down in Waxahachie whose website claims to have a few, but no details. I set up an account on GL last night, and one sold today, but it was the only one listed. I'm sure there are other dealers out there. Preferably with trucks that I could drive out and at least get back here before anything went too terribly wrong...

mponseigo

I have two 85-86 the 86 is for sale new flywheel, starter,Radiator,33" mass big horn tires 2000milesn on them new brakes,Drives great 100.000 miles on it, 12,000lbs warn zeon winch on the front 4x4 system works great.$3600

spectre6000

I'm not in the market just yet, I'm still trying to get my bearings. It seems there are a number brokers out there who get them at auction, fix them up so they run, then sell them. I could certainly be wrong, but it seems to me this is what they're doing. I'm hoping to find something like this so it is still stock, has low miles, and all I need to do is replace dried out rubber. Then I don't have to figure out a way to get it here without another truck at my disposal (my only other runner right now is a '57 Karmann Ghia, and they don't make for very good tow rigs).

mponseigo

No sweat, Government liquidation i would stay away from they are sold as isbut they may have been under water! i know several people that got them home engine full of water!

spectre6000

That would actually probably be a good place to start! I just moved down here from the mountains last week, so I haven't fully got the lay of the land. I went to the site referenced in the video and called the contact number listed. No answer and "the voicemail box of the number you are trying to reach has not been set up"... Not a good sign... I've only yet seen these trucks on paper, and it would be nice to be able to find one locally that I could look at in person without putting anyone too much out of their way since I'm not buying right this second (I have a startup company, and for the immediate future that's where the money is going, though that should be changing in the next month or so). I did a search for surplus places in the state, and found a decent few, but those that carried the larger stuff (vehicles) seemed to skip all the way to the MUCH LARGER stuff...

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

Spectre, I have a line on a place that will have one ready in about 2-4 months in Arkansas. I got mine there it was/is fully stock with low miles and was 100% correct. I bought mine on a Friday and was back in Denver by Saturday morning. 900 mile trip without issue. If your not in a hurry, that's good, cuz they do one every 6 months or so. I'm local for you (Parker) if you wanna drop by and see mine to get a feel for what they sell. PM me if/when you have some time.

spectre6000

Mponseigo, do you have photos of this '86 purely for entertainment purposes? I'm kind of curious about the winch mounting and other accessories you mentioned.