• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

best place to get torque rod ends

FreightTrain

Banned
I really doubt it clinto.The US government is not the only stronghold.Remember that we have supplied all our enemies with arms and vehicles over the years.Also the Koreans manufacture new M35Akia over there for their own use.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M108 still has round tubes, couple have been fixed by welding on washers and bolts. One of the things that needs replaced, have the arms to do it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes, FT. But go price all new torque rods for your Deuce. It isn't cheap. And that rubber is constantly fatiguing when driving and constantly rotting when sitting (unless you are one of the 1% of Deuce owners keeping them indoors in a climate controlled building).

It isn't cheap even at today's prices.

FreightTrain

Banned
The rot ain't that bad on these things.I have had my Joe Young truck down here since 2002 and the rubbers are still "Serviceable".Surface cracking or wrinkling from use.All depends on the rubber mix on how long they last.Kinda like the cheap saturn boots Vrs OD irons boots.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some enterprising company will start making them when there are no nore surplus ones... Just look at the WWII Jeep repro parts market. Repro parts are ALOT better than nothing....

chevycrew

MUDLORD said:
chevycrew said:
MUDLORD said:
chevycrew said:
I have some complete rods, used, off of a 1982 model truck. Ill look closely at the condition if anyone is interested.
i may be interested, if they check out figure out some shipping to 08015 and let me know

I have 4. They seem intact, some surface weathering, I beam style, with nuts and washers.

Ill get shipping figured out tomorrow, and some pics.
how does the rubber look??

Rubber is what has the surface weathering. Ill get pics later...

55Cameo

I wish I had the forethought to keep the rods from mine when I bobbed it. They all went to the scrapyard. I didn't figure that anyone would want those. :(

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
FreightTrain said:
I have only seen the I beam type.I sure wouldn't want a round one on my deuce.Round is NOT strong like an I beam.
I stopped in at Peterbuilt today to pick up some coolant. The dogbones they had on the shelf were made of round steel. There are SO many different sizes and styles, you might take an old one in to a big rig shop and see if something works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks