• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best place to introduce Seaform into the intake?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good luck, I tried using a spray bottle on the mist setting, it puddled up and ran into a cylinder and caused a HORRIBLE rattle for a few seconds. I dumped the rest of the bottle in the fuel tank.

wvhillbilly

As I run a auto parts store, I feel qualified to answer this question. Regarding a diesel engine, the only way to effectively introduce Seafoam is half a can into the fuel tank, and half a can into the crankcase. Used in the crankcase ESPECIALLY produces a good cleaning on the piston rings. Half a can in the fuel does a ok job of cleaning/lubing an injection pump and/or the injectors.

A better solution, however, might be using a conditioner from Power Service. Part numbers 1025, and 1080. This is the best diesel fuel conditioner/cleaner I have EVER seen or used. It is specifically designed for diesel engines. It also contains "Cetane Boost", an additive designed to boost to combusibility of todays diesel/biodiesel fuels.

While Seafoam is a great product, I strongly feel you would be better served by visiting your local parts store and buying part number 1025 or 1080 from Power Service. It will work better than Seafoam part number SF-16 in your 6.2....please trust me;-)

hovenga67

I poured a tiny bit in mine a while back and it made a not so good rattle if you know what I mean. If you are looking to clean your intake runners and valves you can pour power service down the intake while it is running, but go very slow because it will make the engine speed up. Also tranny fluid works good. Just be carefull cause some times it puddles and will idle up quickly.
Brent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks