• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best place to look for 5-ton parts near Phoenix?

mdd0127

Banned
I have a Ford F700 box truck that desperately needs .......... de-fording...;-)

My new plan is to stuff a 5 ton running chassis under it.

Two quick questions.

Are there any good yards in the Camp Verde, or Phoenix area with incomplete vehicles......that are reasonable with their pricing?

And, what's the M number for the long wheelbase 5-ton that came equipped with the NHC250 and super singles? I've searched but keep finding conflicting info.

Thanks,
Danny

Sirblissfull

Would have had to been a 900 series like the M934 van body or the m927 XLWB.

The M809 series did not have singles until the last 10 or 15 years and are non standard.

mdd0127

Banned
I think those newer ones may be out of my price range....
If I could find and afford the M934, I'd just swap everything over and get rid of the ford all together. That's my dream truck!

I was hoping to find a yard that had parted out or damaged ones and piece something together. I don't need a cab or bed and could even use the 460/auto I have for now. I know a few places to get wheels and tires.....just need a rolling chassis that I can put money into as I get it.

For once finally, I'm at a place where I have room to work.....and more importantly, access to cranes and forklifts so it's actually possible!

I want to keep the ford front end on there so I can take it south of the border when I get a chance.

I've put a ton of work into insulating the box and installing the solar setup and I think that I'm the only one that appreciates the value of it. I'm living in it now so I know it will work for me. Just time to put a real truck under it!

mdd0127

Banned
460 gas, automatic, no ground clearance, 2wd, weak, thin frame, limited to smooth road travel

:deadhorse:

Where's the turd polishing smiley?

I'll have to get down to Tuscon soon and see what they've got!

Thanks everyone!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'd look for a 4x4 F600. So its easier to swap things over to your truck. they are around. and a DT360 or D466 since they are pretty easy to come by and power is limitless if you have a $ to spend. 250 cummins is just WAY to heavy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks