• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best source for a used hood

Bdhminnesota

Dropped my 998 through the ice this weekend and ruined my hood during the recovery. Anyone shopped and found a reasonable place for used ones?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought two for my trucks. The ones coming off are not perfect but not horrible. I'm not home to even think about shipping but if you know anyone down NC way you are welcome to one of them.

jeffy777

The good news is:
A lesser vehicle would have been totaled.
A lesser man would have not smiled as you did.
An we would not have had the opportunity to read about it. Keep us up to date on how it all goes.

Thanks for sharing.

Action

were the tire tracks from the first trip across wet when you came back the second time? that would have been a good sign of thin ice.

Bdhminnesota

It wasn't. I hauled 3,000lbs of feed across and must have cracked it on the first trip. It was 6" thick. Doing a fluids change tonight on all the components. I crossed the weekend before and it was a dry creek. An ice jam down river caused flooding and I completely miscalculated the depth. Coulda been worse. Time for a fording kit as I cross this stretch often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks